lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From sunbirdjob <sunbird...@126.com>
Subject too many open files is it a leak of handler live there?
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:24:03 GMT

when embeded the solr in my application last night, i encountered the too many open file exception
just like that said in "http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-solr-user/200702.mbox/%3cB2D43E42-6549-46E8-80DE-902A19CEF0AC@variogr.am%3e".
And i used DirectSolrConnection to integrate solr with my application.

    I debuged when solr doing search, and i found that every time solr had a query search
done the refcount will increase one. I know solr use refcount to keep reasher safe close,
but should it be +1 when solr doing search and -1( it is to say call decref()) after search
done? or else when commit take place it just decrease the refcount by 1, and the refount still>1
and searcher not really close, which leads to the hanging of the handlers and finally the
too many open files problem. Is it a bug? or i should not use the DirectSolrConnection?

By the way the "ulimit -n 10000" not work out in my case, it just delay the time. i use the
"lsof |grep solr| wc -l" to monitor the handler, it keeps increasing, i think it is a leak
of handler here.

Any help would appreciated, thank you !!!