lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From nithyavembu <nithyave...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Search not working for indexed words...
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:54:31 GMT

Hi All,

  From past 6 months i am working and using SOLR. Now i am facing some
problem with that while searching.
  I have searched for some words but it doesnt return the result even its
existing and indexed in data folder in SOLR server(i meant solr tomcat).

  I have given the following words :
   "administrators",
   "visitors",

  The format of my search query is:
  Search word is : administrator*

http://192.168.1.65:8085/solr/select/?q=administrator*&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

  Its return nothing even the administrator existing in the data folder.

  Search word is : administrator

http://192.168.1.65:8085/solr/select/?q=administrator&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

  If i search for "administrator" without giving "*", its searching and
returning the result.

  Search word is : administrator/*

http://192.168.1.65:8085/solr/select/?q=administrator%5C*&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

	("/" decoded as %5C) here.
	If i search for "administrator/*", its returning the result.

 My query should be optimized, so that i can use it over my project. So i
need the query using wildcard character like "searchword+*"
 But now its not searching if i use "*". But if i use "/*" it can search.
But now i have faced the following problem.

	Search word is : admini\*

http://192.168.1.65:8085/solr/select/?q=admini%5C*&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

	Not returning any result.

	Search word is : admini

http://192.168.1.65:8085/solr/select/?q=admini&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

	Not returning any result.

	Search word is : admini*

http://192.168.1.65:8085/solr/select/?q=admini*&version=2.2&start=0&rows=10&indent=on

	This returning result.

	Search word is : admin

	If i search the word "admin" or "admin*" or "admin\*", its return the
result.

	I am using the same SolrConfig.xml and Schema.xml without any change given
by solr during download and i didnt make any changes on that.

	Whether i have to change my query or i have to change Schema.xml and
whether i have to add any words in stopwords.txt etc..,

        And likewise some words i am searching and i am getting the
result.But after some time if i search for the same word its not
searching.Its coming by random.

	If anyone know the solution and have any idea, please help me out.

	Thanks in advance.

with regards,
V.Nithya.