lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Logging in Solr
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:29:04 GMT

: I'm new to Solr and Tomcat and I'm trying to track down some odd errors.
:  How do I set up Tomcat to do fine-grained Solr-specific logging?  I have
: looked around enough to know that it should be possible to do per-webapp
: logging in Tomcat 5.5, but the details are hard to follow for a newbie.  Any
: suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you read the "java.util.logging" section of the tomcat logging docs?
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/logging.html

Also: if you just need some short term fine level logging from
Solr the "Logging" link on the admin screen will let you change the
logging level temporarily (ie: untill you change it back or until the
server restarts)

-Hoss