lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Storing Related Data - At Different Times
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 06:52:53 GMT
You could have 2 separate indices tied with a common field (a la FK->PK).  Then you only
need to change the item you are updating.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: Gavin <gavin@beyondm.net>
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:09:23 AM
Subject: Storing Related Data - At Different Times

Hi,
    In the web application we are developing we have two sets of
 details.
The personal details and the resume details. We allow 5 different
resumes to be available for each user. But we want the personal details
to remain same for each 5 resumes. Personal details are added at
registration time. After than for each resume we want link personal
details. This is a simple join in the db. But how do we achieve this in
Solr. The problem is when personal details are changed we will have to
update all 5 resumes.

    I read the thread "Some sort of join in SOLR?". But not sure this
answers my problem. Would very much appreciate some sort of help on
 this
one.

Thanks,
--
Gavin Selvaratnam,
Project Leader

hSenid Mobile Solutions
Phone: +94-11-2446623/4
Fax: +94-11-2307579

Web: http://www.hSenidMobile.com

Make it happen

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are
 confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. The
 content and opinions
contained in this email are not necessarily those of hSenid Software
 International.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.