lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From anuvenk <anuvenkat...@hotmail.com>
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:25:39 GMT

I have a hard time understanding the synonyms behaviour..especially because i
don't have the syn filter at index time.

If i have this synonym at index time

Alternative Sentence,Probation before Judgement,Pretrial Diversion

does all occurrence of 'alternative sentence' also get indexed as 'probation
judgement' and 'pretrial diversion' ?
or does it do this wierd grouping
(alternative probation pretrial)(sentence diversion)judgement

so all occurrences of 'alternative' will be indexed as 'sentence' and
'diversion' ? Then what about the word 'judgement'?
Please someone help me understand this. I have another  question related to
synonyms posted here
http://www.nabble.com/solr-synonyms-behaviour-td15051211.html
..please help with that too...