lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tomcat has a HTTP Post bug?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:10:55 GMT
On Dec 17, 2007 4:22 AM, Jörg Kiegeland <kiegeland@ikv.de> wrote:
> As I read, that Tomcat would need to be configured to support
> international characters in a HTTP Get, I determined to use a HTTP Post
> instead.
> Testing our Solr integration worked with testcases using Jetty
> perfectly, however it turned out that HTTP Post in combination with a
> query containing international characters is not supported by Tomcat (I
> get 0 results back).

GET can need extra server configuration because there is no way to
specify a charset in the request (it's actually supposed to be UTF-8
percent encoded per the standards, but sometimes not configured that
way for historical back compatibility I guess).

When you use POST, you can and should specify the charset.  If you are
doing this, it should work.

-Yonik