lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Tracy Flynn" <tracysflynn.concur89...@zoemail.net>
Subject Re: Replication hooks - changing the index while the slave is running ...
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 00:36:49 GMT
I've looked at everything suggested - documentation, code and scripts
and I follow almost everything that's happening.

If I understand correctly, when the updated snapshot is installed on
the slave:

1) The existing index(es) being used by the Solr slave instance are
physically deleted
2) The new index snapshots are renamed/moved from their temporary
installation location to the default index location
3) The slave is sent a 'commit' to force a new IndexReader to start to
read the new index.

What happens to search requests against the existing/old index during
step 1) and between steps 1 and 2?  Where do they get information if
they need to go to disk for results that are not cached? Do they a)
hang b) produce no results c) error in some other way?

Regards,

Tracy