lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Solr Highlighting, word index
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 20:15:33 GMT
Owens, Martin wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> We're working to replace the old Linux version of dtSearch with Lucene/Solr, using the
http requests for our perl side and java for the indexing.

> The functionality that is causing the most problems is the highlighting since we're not
storing the text in solr (only indexing) and we need to highlight an image file (ocr) so what
we really need is to request from solr the word indexes of the matches, we then tie this up
to the ocr image and create html boxes to do the highlighting.

Sorry this hasn't had a response....

I'm not totally following what you are trying to do.  If I understand
it, you want to use solr to get back the matching highlighting areas
from an arbitrary bit of text that is not stored in the index?

Off hand, there is nothing out of the box to do this (mike?)

My guess is you will have to write a custom requestHandler that pulls
the stored text from wherever you store it, then pass it to a custom
Formatter that includes the offsets in the response.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/highlighter/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/highlight/Formatter.java

In 1.3-dev (/trunk) you can register a custom Formatter in solrconfig.xml

ryan