lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Victoria Kaganski" <victor...@relegence.co.il>
Subject RE: FW: Score customization
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 21:06:16 GMT
I guess I was not clear... I understand that if I use FunctionQuery, it's result value will
return as the score, instead of the similarity. Am I right?

________________________________

From: yseeley@gmail.com on behalf of Yonik Seeley
Sent: Wed 10/31/2007 7:21 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Score customization

On 10/31/07, Victoria Kaganski <victoriak@relegence.co.il> wrote:
> Does FunctionQuery actually override the default similarity function? If
> it does, how can I still access the similarity value?

FunctionQuery returns the *value* of a field (or a function of it) as
the value for a query - it does not use Similarity at all.

If you put a FunctionQuery in a BooleanQuery with other queries (like
normal relevance queries), the scores will be added together.

If you use a BoostedQuery, the FunctionQuery score will be multiplied
by the normal relevance score.

-Yonik