lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SOLR 1.2 - Updates sent containing fields that are not on the Schema fail silently
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:36:04 GMT
Daniel Alheiros wrote:
> Hi Hoss.
>
> I'm using Solr 1.2 and a SolrJ client built from the trunk some time ago
> (21st of June 2007).

One thing I just thought of....  do you have a request handler defined at:
   <requestHandler name="/update" class="solr.XmlUpdateRequestHandler" >

If not, it uses a legacy 1.1 format that returns a 200 response code and
puts the error in the response body.  Solrj does not handle this legacy
format.

Take a look at the example solrconfig.xml
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/tags/release-1.2.0/example/solr/conf/solrconfig.xml

If that does not fix things, can you try sending a document with post.sh
or post.jar?  Does this get an error?

I am confident that solrj propagates errors to the client, but for
debugging this will be easier if we can find the simplest possible test
case.

ryan