lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Document update based on ID
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:56:48 GMT
Evgeniy Strokin wrote:
> Hello,..
> I have a document indexed with Solr. Originally it had only few fields. I want to add
some more fields to the index later, based on ID but I don't want to submit original fields
again. I use Solr 1.2, but I think there is no such functionality yet. But I saw a feature
here https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-139 and it looks like what I need.
> Is it implemented already? How can I get the code? Would you suggest to use it in production?
How it works?

Yes, SOLR-139 will eventually do what you need.

The most recent patch should not be *too* hard to get running (it may
not apply cleanly though)  The patch as is needs to be reworked before
it will go into trunk.  I hope this will happen in the next month or so.

As for production?  It depends ;)  The API will most likely change so if
you base your code on the current patch, it will need to change when
things finalize.  As for stability, it has worked well for me (and I
think for Erik)

ryan