lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rishabh Joshi <rishabh.jo...@coreobjects.com>
Subject Best way to create multiple indexes
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:12:34 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement and was wondering if someone could help me in how to go about it. We
have to index about 8-9 million documents and their size can be anywhere from a few KBs to
a couple of MBs. These documents are categorized into many 'groups' and 'sub-groups'. I wanted
to know if we can create multiple indexes based on 'groups' and then on 'sub-groups' in Solr?
If yes, then how do we go about it? I tried going through the section on 'Collections' in
the Solr Wiki, but could not make much use of it.

Regards,
Rishabh Joshi