lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: small rsync index question
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:59:49 GMT
On 9/28/07, Brian Whitman <brian.whitman@variogr.am> wrote:
> I regularly see
>
> file has vanished: "/dir/solr/data/index/segments_3aut"
>
> when rsyncing, and when that happens i get an error on the rsync'd
> copy. The index I am rsyncing is large (50GB) and very active, is
> constantly getting new docs and searched on. What can I do to
> preserve the index state while syncing?

To greatly reduce this window, take a "snapshot" of the index (do it
like snapshooter, or actually use that script) and rsync from that
snapshot instead.

To completely remove the window of inconsistency, comment out the
post-commit hook in solrconfig.xml that takes a snapshot, then send a
commit to get a new snapshot and rsync from that.

-Yonik