lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating a document blurb when nothing is returned from highlight feature
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 21:50:24 GMT
On 8/9/07, Benjamin Higgins <bhiggins2@seattletimes.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mike.  I didn't think of creating a blurb beforehand, but that's
> a great solution.  I'll probably do that.  Yonik, I can still add a JIRA
> issue if you'd like, though.

Always 10 different ways to tackle the same problem in the search
space, and that's why it's great to have a lot of people around for
different ideas/approaches.

I do think opening a JIRA issue would be worth it, even if Mike's
approach yields superior results.  It seems like a reasonable
expectation to always get something back as a document summary without
having to create a specific field for that.

-Yonik