lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Pieter Berkel" <pieter.ber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Structured Lucene documents
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:57:42 GMT
On 13/08/07, Pierre-Yves LANDRON <plandron@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello !Thanks Pieter,That seems a good idea - if not an ideal one - even
> if it sort of an hack. I will try it as soon as possible and keep you
> informed.The hl.fl parameter doesn't have to be initialized, I think, so
> it won't be a problem.On the other hand, I will have the exact same
> problem to specify the (dynamic) field on wich the request is performed... I
> need to be able to execute the request on the full text of the page only :
> must I specify all of the -hightly variable- name of each page field in my
> query ?I think that structured index document could be of great value to
> complex documents indexation. Is there a way that someday Solr will include
> such possibility, or is it basically impossible (due to the way Lucene works
> for example) ?Kind Regards,Pierre-Yves Landron

Hi Pierre-Yves,

Maybe you could use dynamic field copy in your schema.xml to index content
from all page stored in your document in a separate field, something like:

<copyField source="page*" dest="all_pages" />

and then you would only need to query on the "all_pages" field.  Not quite
sure how this might be affected by the hl.requireFieldMatch=true parameter
but it's worth a try.

cheers,
Piete