lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ben Shlomo, Yatir" <ybenshl...@shopping.com>
Subject question: how to divide the indexing into sperate domains
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 14:41:02 GMT
Hi!

say I have 300 csv files that I need to index.

Each one holds millions of lines (each line is a few fields separated by
commas)

Each csv file represents a different domain of data (e,g, file1 is
computers, file2 is flowers, etc....)

There is no indication of the domain ID in the data inside the csv file

When I search I would like to specify the id of a specific domain

And I want solr to search only in this domain - to save time and reduce
the number of matches

I need to specify during indexing - the domain id of the csv file being
indexed

How do I do it ?

Thanks

p.s.

I wish I could index like this:

curl
http://localhost:8080/solr/update/csv?stream.file=test.csv&fieldnames=fi
eld1,field2&f.domain.value=98765
<http://localhost:8080/solr/update/csv?stream.file=test.csv&fieldnames=f
ield1,field2&f.domain.value=98765>  (where 98765 is the domain id for
ths specific csv file)