lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Lance Norskog" <goks...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Multivalued fields and the 'copyField' operator
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 05:18:37 GMT
If we have a field spellcheck_db, and have two <copyField> lines for it:

	<fieldType name="spellcheck"> ... Basically the <text> type without
stemming...

	<field name="title" type="string" />
	<field name="description" type="string" />

	<field name="spellcheck_db" multiValued="false"
		type="spellcheck" indexed="true" stored="false"
required="true" />

	<copyField source="title" dest="spellcheck_db" />
	<copyField source="description" dest="spellcheck_db" />

All I want to do is make a pile of words as input to the spellcheck feature.

If I index with this, the spellcheck Analyser class complains that I'm
putting two values in a multiValued="false" field. Since I have to make it
multiValued, the same word in successive values is not collapsed into one
mention of the word.

I suppose this is an 'out' case, and not worth any major internal rework.

Thanks for your time,

Lance