lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: example solr configurartion file
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:29:36 GMT

On 27-Jul-07, at 11:23 AM, Jae Joo wrote:

> does anyone know what exactly is?
> <mergeFactor>10</mergeFactor>
>     <maxBufferedDocs>10000</maxBufferedDocs>
>     <maxMergeDocs>2147483647</maxMergeDocs>
>     <writeLockTimeout>1000</writeLockTimeout>
>     <commitLockTimeout>10000</commitLockTimeout>

Most of these are lucene index creation settings, see
http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/javadoc/
index.html

The settings are mostly moot after indexing is done, especially if an
<optimize/> is done.

> If we change the value, do I have to reindex it?

     <maxFieldLength>10000</maxFieldLength>

This is the only setting that affects search, and it is the maximum
length of searchable documents.  You will have to reindex to see the
changes here.

-Mike