lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Whitman <brian.whit...@variogr.am>
Subject Re: XML parsing error
Date Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:35:17 GMT

On Jul 26, 2007, at 11:49 AM, Yonik Seeley wrote:

> Could you try it with jetty to see if it's the servlet container?
> It should be simple to just copy the index directory into solr's
> example/solr/data directory.

Yonik, sorry for my delay, but I did just try this in jetty -- it
works (it doesn't throw an error, and the < in </str is there.)

<shakes fist at resin again>

> BTW, is the fact that the content is full of \uFFFD a problem?  That
> looks to be the unicode replacement character, meaning that the real
> characters were lost somewhere along the line?  Or is this some sort
> of private (non-standard) encoding?

Certainly nothing I know about -- this particular index is from nutch
crawls injected with solrj... so who knows.

I'll look into what I can with Resin's issue. For now I'm going to
delete that doc and see if I can find any others.

-b