lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Pieter Berkel" <pieter.ber...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DisMax query and date boosting
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 13:57:29 GMT
Try using a boost function (bf) parameter like this:

bf=recip(rord(listedDate),1,1000,1000)^2.5

This should boost documents with more recent listedDate so they appear
higher in the results list. For more info see the wiki page on
DismaxRequestHandler and Functions:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FunctionQuery

cheers,