lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ryan McKinley <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple slaves on the same box
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:00:23 GMT
Xuesong Luo wrote:
> Hi, there,
> We have one master server and multiple slave servers. The multiple slave
> servers can be run either on the same box or different boxes.  For
> slaves on the same box, is there any best practice that they should use
> the same index or each should have separate indexes?

I'm not sure about 'best' practices, but I can tell you my experience...

We have a master and single slave on the same server using the same
index.  Since it is the same index, there really is no 'distribution'
scripts, only something that periodically calls 'commit' on the slave
index.  This is working great.

I can't think of any reason to have more then one slave server on the
same machine.  What are you trying to do?

ryan