lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <>
Subject Solr Injection
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2007 01:22:16 GMT

I've been playing with Kettle ( ) as a method
to inject data into Solr (and other things at the same time), and it
looks really promising.

I was wondering if anyone else had some experience using it with Solr
and if they set it up to add a document at a time, or wrote a single XML
'add' document
and then added all of them in one lot

Ideally I would like to have Solr accept a REST style URL without all
the XML bs around and just pass the fields in as parameters (which is
alluded to in )
and just pound the Solr master with lots of little posts when I do
incremental updates for < 1000 things and use the CSV uploader for
larger things.

View raw message