lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Merging Solr Collections
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:44:57 GMT
Hi Stu,

You can simply take your N Lucene indices managed by your N Solr instances and merge them
into 1 Lucene index.  Then you can take your N Solr schema.xml's and solrconfig.xml's and
merge them into a single schema.xml and a single solrconfig.xml that act as a union of the
previous N configs.  Point your Solr to a newly merged index and use the newly merged configs,
and I think you should be all set.

Is Webmail.us using Solr for email search?

Otis
--
Lucene Consulting -- http://lucene-consulting.com/

----- Original Message ----
From: Stu Hood <stuhood@webmail.us>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:02:07 PM
Subject: Merging Solr Collections

Hello,

I'm considering using embedded Solr in a distributed manner, such that an intermediate result
will be N separate Solr indexes which would then be merged to a single final index.

I know that Lucene can merge indexes ( http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/javadoc/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html#addIndexes(org.apache.lucene.store.Directory[])
), but I also know that there is more to a Solr Collection than the index.

Does anyone have any suggestions for merging Solr Collections? Or should I forget this plan
of attack...

Thanks,

Stu Hood
Webmail.us
"You manage your business. We'll manage your email."®