lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Processor load
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:02:25 GMT
On 6/28/07, Michael Thessel <michael@gossamer-threads.com> wrote:
> I got a solr server running to index the posts of a forum. The server is
> running in a tomcat installation on a 4-processor Opteron server. One of
> the threads is eating up 100% of one processor all the time.

> I do auto-commits every 10s

It's probably autowarming (pre-populating new caches based on the
contents of the current caches).  If your index is a reasonable size,
and you aren't doing anything like faceting, then try adjusting down
the autowarm counts (set to 0 for the queryResultCache).  The
filterCache is trickier... you can try setting that autowarm count to
0 and see if it negatively affects your queries.

-Yonik