lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: host logging options (was Re: Schema validator/debugger)
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 21:59:36 GMT

: > SEVERE: org.apache.solr.core.SolrException: undefined field text
: As someone who has used both Jetty and Tomcat in production (and has
: come to prefer Tomcat), what are my choices to get the "undefined field
: xxx" error in the catalina log files (or is it stashed somewhere I'm
: overlooking?)

i think this depends largely on the tomcat logging configuration ...  i
don't know much about tomcat's default logging config, or wheter you've
customized the logging levels, but as i recall from when i did some Solr
testing to make sure the JNDI and plugin stuff worked, i *think* Tomcat
was using seperate log files for basic logging vs "serious" errors
(controlled via logging levels) ... but i may be wrong.

-Hoss