lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From michael ravits <michaelr...@yahoo.com>
Subject <optimize />
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:48:51 GMT
hi,

I am planning on reindexing from fresh on a daily basis, while keeping the search online.

What I do is:

2. <add>...
3. <commit />

Works ok. But I've noticed that the faq recommends issuing <optimize /> before reindexing.
The problem is <optimize/> also seems to commit changes, so the index is empty until
I reindex and the search can't be online.

How _not_ sending <optimize /> will affect performace/results?
Will sending <optimize /> after reindexing help?
Is there another solution?

thanks