lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: multiple indices
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2007 15:02:53 GMT
I would use SOLR-215 instead of running multiple instances on the same box.

Otis

----- Original Message ----
From: michael ravits <michaelr524@yahoo.com>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:57:12 PM
Subject: multiple indices

dear solrs - thanks for all your help.

  I have multiple applications (blogs/forums/video/etc) - each of these is independent (no
need to perform queries on multiple indices).
  Would it be best to use multiple instances of SOLR/JVM - one for each index or use a solution
where only one JVM instance is running (maybe solr-215?)?

  Considering mostly performance and load on the servers.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.