lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 14:44:22 GMT
On 5/22/07, solruser <solruser@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought of using multi-valued field but since I am using reply ids to
> store as string and I have dynamic field in schema. I am not sure will
> multi-valued field will work in this scenario case.

Unless you need to ever query reply0 separately from reply1, it seems
like a single multi-valued reply field should work.

> Earlier I tried to another field in the document which contain newline
> character into single value field and I got an error about entering
> multi-valued data in single value field.

Newlines should be fine in single or multi-valued fields...newlines
aren't special to solr or lucene.
You could also store all of the lines of reply (or all replies) as a
single field.

-Yonik