lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Query
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 21:57:17 GMT
On 5/22/07, solruser <solruser@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a question related to Index, where I have indexed my document with
> mutiple replies enumerated fields in the document. e.g.
>  <document>
>      <reply0> </reply0>
>      <reply1> </reply1>
>      ..
>      ..
>   </document>
>
> now how can I query document so I can search a document on the content of
> any reply. Can I make a query such as <<< reply*:content >>>

No, you need to enumerate the fields to search.

Something like the dismax handler can help here by separating the
query from the fields that should be searched.

Solr allows multi-valued fields too.  Do you need fields with a
different name, or could a single reply field work?
  <document>
      <reply> </reply>
      <reply> </reply>
      ..