lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mike Klaas <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to handle hl.fl form variable (any variable with a dot in its name) from javascript?
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 21:54:38 GMT
On 22-May-07, at 11:38 AM, Teruhiko Kurosaka wrote:

> Ryan,
> Thank you.  The JavaScript code you mentioned works well.
>
> But I am now hitting the similar problem with XSLT. The
> following XSLT code can't retrieve the value of "hl.fl"
> parameter even though the similar code for other parameter
> works.
>
> <xsl:variable name="hlfl"
> select="response/responseHeader/lst[@name='params']/str
> [@name='hl.fl']"
> />
>
> I am using the XSLT Writer and whatever XSLT processor
> it uses.
>
> I can get around this problem by passing the same
> value to another parameter of no dot in its name, but
> I really don't think using a dot in variable names
> is a good idea.

I don't know XPath well enough to help you solve you problem, but '.'
is perfectly legal in xml attribute values and has a long tradition
of use in separating semantic components of a name in programming
languages.

Note that the URL parameter is not a variable in Solr.  Your problems
seem to be occurring due to the use of systems that attempt to map
data to variable names, which seems to me like a worse idea than
using '.' in url paramters.

regards,
-Mike