lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "av_work@yahoo.com" <av_w...@yahoo.com>
Subject Interesting Practical Solr Question
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 13:58:11 GMT
Hi,

I use Solr to search through a set of about 200,000 documents. Each document has a numeric
ID. How to do the following:

1) I use facets and want to return the facets for "all documents" as the starting point of
the user interface. In other words, I want to /select the facet counts for about 10 facets
(like states for example) for all documents without having to do a search. Is this possible?

2) Each document will be shown to the user with a check box next to it. I want to user to
be able to select certain documents and "save" their ids some where else. This is not a problem.
However, I also want to give the user an ability to say "Select All Documents". This would
need to save the ids of ALL documents found with user's given query and query filter (based
on the facets that they selected). This list could potentially contain over 10,000 documents.
Question: How to easily and quickly grab the IDs of all these documents?

3) Once the user saves the list, I want them to be able to do further searches by do a "negative
union" with the set of ids they already saved. So for example, if they already saved 1000
ids into one of their lists, they would need to be able to get results from Solr that match
their query but are NOT in the set of 1000 ids that they already saved. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance!

Av

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.