lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HA and load balancing Qauestion
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 17:19:03 GMT
On 3/8/07, Venkatesh Seetharam <vseetharam@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy. I'd like to know if I can configure Multiple Solr instances working
> with a single read-only index partition for failover/HA and load balancing
> purposes. Or is there any other way that Solr has built-in features to
> handle the same.

On the front-end, HTTP is easily load-balanced via software or
hardware loadbalancers.

To distribute a single index to multiple solr searchers, see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/CollectionDistribution

You don't have to do it that way though... if you have another
mechanism to get the index to the searchers, that could work too.

-Yonik