lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From rubdabadub <rubdaba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: production solr - app server choice ?
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:58:56 GMT
Thanks for the feedback! I was planning to test but I wanted to know what
other were using. I have been using tomcat extensively but got tired of it (no
technical reason).

Jetty sounds too simple so I thought I ask :-) Never tried Resin but it has some
good reputation.

The local portal is using tomcat and it serves approximately 20 req/ second in
peak times. I don't know how high load is this as I have no other
reference. I know for
sure the local portal is no google :-)

I think as Erik mentioned its probably Solr config that will increase
or decrease performance.
I am currently reading up/testing performance pages. Any other advice
is always welcome.

Thanks again for all the input.