lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Andre Basse" <ABa...@theage.com.au>
Subject RE: maximum index size
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 00:24:00 GMT
>I've 50 million documents each about 10K in size and I've 4 index
partitions each consisting of 12.5 million documents. Each index
partition is about 80GB. A search typically takes about 3-5 seconds.
Single word searches are faster than multi-word searches. I'm still
working on finding the ideal index size that Solr can handle well with
in a second.

Hi Venkatesh,

I'm looking at a similar size of archive. What hardware are you running?
Do you use collection distribution?

Thanks,

Andre

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to
copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written
consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error please advise the
sender immediately by return e-mail or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not guarantee
the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files.
Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message or attached files.