lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tagging
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:17:00 GMT
On 2/13/07, Binkley, Peter <Peter.Binkley@ualberta.ca> wrote:
> I still wonder if there's a good way of storing the tags outside the
> Lucene index and using them via facets whose bitsets are manipulated
> directly rather than being populated from the index. In my project,
> reindexing a documents whenever a user adds a tag is very very bad,
> since we're indexing potentially hundreds of pages of full text in the
> body field of the document. A solution that gets the tag into the system
> immediately without forcing a reindexing of the document is essential.

Interesting... what are you indexing that is that large, the book contents?
You could build a custom request handler and store tag info outside
the index.  You could also store it inside the index in separate
documents as Erik does with Collex.

For a more general solution, I'm thinking a separate lucene index
might be ideal.

 -Yonik