lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: convert custom facets to Solr facets...
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 02:12:02 GMT

On Feb 12, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Gmail Account wrote:
> This would be great!  I can't help with the solution but I am very
> interested in using it if one of you guys can figure it out.
>
> I can't wait to see if this works out.

And just for the record, Solr drives Collex @ NINES: <http://
www.nines.org/collex> which implements tagging along with faceted and
full-text search.  I've recently hacked our system such that the bulk
of our custom  caches are only refreshed when a new batch of data is
loaded, and only the "collectable cache" is updated on a <commit/>.
This reduced our new index searcher visibility time from 45 seconds
down to only a few seconds or less.

As part of Flare, I will experiment with the tagging design Yonik has
posted to the wiki but for now our "legacy" application is running
fine with my early hacks.

	Erik