lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Brian Whitman <brian.whit...@variogr.am>
Subject Re: lots of inserts very fast, out of heap or file descs
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:07:54 GMT
On Feb 24, 2007, at 1:16 AM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> Based on Brain's email, it sounds like it didn't work in *exactly* the
> same way, because it caused some filedescriptor leaks (and possibly
> some
> memory leaks)
> Hopefully Ryan will be a rock star and spot the probably
> immediately --

Thanks for the explanation Chris, i think I get it now and also why I
had that line in there to begin with. I'll let the rock star take
over but if anyone was up all night worrying if using the default
handler on /update (putting the /xml back in solrconfig) would solve
my heap problem-- it did. :)

With no other change but adding those four chars I am able to add
400K real world unique docs between 1-50K each one after another with
no fdesc leaks, heap problems or slowdowns. I have autocommit on for
10s / 10K docs. Famous last words, but all is well. Thanks Chris
Yonik Mike & Ryan!

-Brian