lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From nick19701 <tofgi-s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: highlight search keywords on html page
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 09:51:27 GMT

Chris Hostetter wrote:

> i'm not really sure that Solr can help you in this case ... it only know
> about the data you give it -- if you want it to highlight the raw html of
> hte entire page, then you're going to need to store the raw html of hte
> entire page in the index.
>
> you can still highlight pageContent with heavy fragmentation on your main
> search page where you list multiple results, and then when a user picks
> one redo the search with an fq restricting to the doc they picked and
> hl.fl=rawHtml and hl.fragsize=0 so you'll get the whole highlighted
> without fragmentation.
>
> -Hoss

Thank you very much for clearing things up for me. I have this misconception
that
I can only index pure text with solr or lucene. I don't know where I got
this notion. But
as you pointed out in your first reply, with
HTMLStripStandardTokenizerFactory I
can actually index html with solr. This is a brand-new idea to me.