lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Tagging
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 01:27:54 GMT
There is also the possibility of keeping tags with the original
documents and having them individually updated without having to
resend the original full text as well: <https://issues.apache.org/
jira/browse/SOLR-139>

And yeah, Peter is a solr4lib kinda guy, doing some way cool stuff
with Lucene and Solr already: <http://peel.library.ualberta.ca/
search/?
search=raw&pageNumber=1&index=peelbib&field=body&rawQuery=dog&digstatus=

on>

With separate indexes we're back to the relational model that adds a
lot of complexity.  For example, I cannot use MoreLikeThis with tags
to allow commonly tagged objects to be considered similar.  I'm sure
there are other ways to implement that sort of thing, though I've not
thought it through.

	Erik