lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Document "freshness" and Boost Functions
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:49:31 GMT
On 1/17/07, Luis Neves <luis.neves@co.sapo.pt> wrote:

> ...I see that is possible to use
> "Boost Functions" to influence the score. How would that work in order to
> improve the score of recent documents? (I have a timestamp field in the
> schema)...

I've been using expressions like these in boolean queries, based on  a
"broadcast_date" field:

_val_:"linear(recip(rord(broadcast_date),1,1000,1000),11,0)"

Where recip computes an age-based score, and linear is used to boost it.

See http://incubator.apache.org/solr/docs/api/org/apache/solr/search/QueryParsing.html,
and also the list archives, these functions have been discussed
before.

I'm not sure off the top of my head how to use this with dismax queries though.

-Bertrand