lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <yo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to tell the highlighter not to escape?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:05:04 GMT
On 1/3/07, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
> However I still think the highlighter should return unescaped tags for
> highlighting. There is IMO no benefit for the current behavior.

The problems all stem from the simple highlighter formatter mixing
highlighting info directly into the string to be highlighted.  It's
not a 100% bulletproof solution because now you can't tell original
field value from markup.

This simple format was meant to be easy for people to use when they
had data that they knew didn't have special HTML characters.  This is
very straightforward to do programmatically (via JSPs or whatever), so
I'm surprised it can't be done with XSLT.

-Yonik