lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: listing/enumerating field information
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:57:36 GMT

: Code-searching for relevant lucene classes led me to try adding
:    <requestHandler name="test" class="solr.tst.TestRequestHandler"/>
: to my solrconfig.xml

holy cow, i forgot that thing even existed! ... as you can see by
skimmingthe code it's a hodge podge of misc crap that was used early on as
a simple way to test that things were working.

Writing a more generic "Stats" request handler that does what you're
describing certianly seems like a good idea.  Attempting to enumerating
all of the values for a field could be dangerous but an API where the
clienc specifies a starting term and a number of terms and we use the
TermEnum.seek() would be fairly straight forward.

-Hoss