lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Better highlighting fragmenter
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 01:20:21 GMT

: implementing Solr's highlighting.  What I'd like to do is improve the
: end-user's experience with highlighting in Solr.  If as a result a
: high-quality component for lucene Highlighter is fleshed out, that can
: always be contributed to Lucene later.
:
: Generally, we should strive for a high-quality out-of-the-box
: highlighting in Solr.  That might involve making things like better
: fragmenters and a few other tricks(*) the default setup, and providing
: a "quick & dirty" setting for speed demons.

sounds good to me ... go with your gut.

-Hoss