lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Posting from Ant
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 01:28:39 GMT

On Jan 31, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Binkley, Peter wrote:
> Is there an Ant task out there somewhere that can POST bunches of
> files
> to Solr, doing what the post.sh script does but with filesets?

Great question.  And you'd think I'd be able to help, but alas I've
not done this myself.

> I've found the http post task
> (http://antelope.tigris.org/nonav/docs/manual/bk03ch17.html), but it
> just posts name-value pairs, not files; and Slide's set of webdav
> client
> tasks

This looks like a clone of the ant-contrib task: <http://ant-
contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html>.  The 'file'
attribute might be able to do the trick, though I'm not quite sure
from the description.

> (http://gulus.usherbrooke.ca/pub/appl/apache/jakarta/slide/binaries/
> jaka
> rta-slide-ant-webdav-bin-2.1.zip) has PUT and GET but not POST. It
> shouldn't be hard to adapt one of these, but something pre-existing
> would be better.

Agreed.  This should be quite do-able, and not too difficult.

I'll poke around some more and see if I can find something suitable.

	Erik