lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "James liu" <liuping.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject my think about solr replication
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:49:25 GMT
solr have its replication way and it use rsync transport.

i try it but not success maybe because i m poor in freebsd.(if u know how to
config and use, tell me and i will be very happy.:) )

when i use mysql replication, i think why not use it?

master: mysql (innodb or isam),   slave: mysql(isam), master---->slave with
replication.

we just write program in slave to read the data which solrflag is 0  and
index it.

User can seach through slave's index data.

if more solr's server, maybe use slave group.
       master 1 ---->   slave 1
       master 2 ---> slave 2
       master n ---> slave n

i only test one master-> one slave

it can help we use multi platform..

maybe it have wrong or not fits for thousands searching

let me know what u think.

--
regards
jl