lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Nagy <andrew.n...@villanova.edu>
Subject Re: relevance ranking and scoring
Date Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:17:04 GMT
Yonik Seeley wrote:

>> What about term ranking, could I rank the phrases searched in title
>> higher than title2?
>
> Absolutely... standard lucene syntax for boosting will give you that
> in the standard query handler.
>
> title:(gone with the wind)^3.0 OR title2:(gone with the wind)
That did it!  Thanks for the Help!
What value do the numbers carry in the ranking?  I arbitrarily choose
the number 5 cause it's an easy number :)

I am a bit nervous about the dismax query system as I have quite a bit
of other content that could skew the results.
Whats the difference between the dismax query handler and listing all of
the fields in my search and separating them with an OR?

Thanks!
Andrew