lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Klaas" <mike.kl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to tell the highlighter not to escape?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:56:49 GMT
Hi Thorsten,

The highlighter does not escape anything itself: you are seeing the
results of solr's automatic escaping of xml data within its xml
response.  This should be transparent (your xml decoder should
un-escape the values on the way out).  I'm not really familiar with
xslt so I'm unsure why that isn't so (perhaps it is automatically
html-escaping the values after un-xml-escaping them?)

Be careful of documents containing html fragments natively.

cheers,
-MIke