lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan McKinley" <ryan...@gmail.com>
Subject result grouping?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 22:18:53 GMT
Is it possible to group the results from a solr query?  I have indexed
the content from many web pages on many sites.  I'd like to return
only two results from each site.

schema.xml:

   <field name="uri"    type="string"   indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <field name="site"  type="string"   indexed="true"  stored="true"/>
   <field name="content"  type="text"   indexed="true"  stored="true"/>

for example
  uri: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Madison
  site: wikipedia.org

How do i get results grouped by site?

Is this possible with the standard query?  The website lists: "Support
for Dynamic Result Grouping and Filtering."  Is it referring to
faceted browsing or this?

If its not supported off the shelf, what is the best way to implement
result grouping?

thanks
ryan