lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject How to tell the highlighter not to escape?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:16:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am playing around with the highlighter and found that all highlight
terms get escaped.

I mean solr will return
 &lt;em&gt;TERM&lt;/em&gt; and not
<em> TERM </em>

I am not sure where this escaping is happening but I would need the
highlighting to NOT escape the hl.simple.pre and hl.simple.post tag
since it is horror to work with cdata sections in xsl.

I had a look in the lucene highlighter and it seem that it does not
escape the tags.

Can somebody point me to code which is responsible for escaping and
maybe give me a tip how I can patch to make it configurable.

TIA

salu2