lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Stephanie Belton" <st...@zizou.net>
Subject RE: Using dismax to find multiple terms across multiple fields
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2006 11:39:12 GMT
: more specificly, you are putting your entire search in quotes, which is
: causing it to be treated as a single searchable entity across several
: fields -- a single DisjunctionMaxQuery, instead of multiple disjunctions
: wrapped in a boolean.  When that quoted chunk of text is analyzed by your
: russian analyzer the 1970 is strpped out, so docs that match just the word
: parts in the russian field are considered matches.

Thank you Chris for the explanation, I managed to get this to work now. I am
fine tuning the settings for dismax and I am not sure about some of the
parameters. In the example of config there is a param called 'fl' which is
not documented here:
http://incubator.apache.org/solr/docs/api/org/apache/solr/request/DisMaxRequ
estHandler.html

<str name="fl">
id,name,price,score
</str>

What is its purpose?

Also, the client should be able to specify a value for the category_id field
which I use for fecetted browsing, I know how to do this using the Lucene
query syntax with the StandardRequestHandler but how is it done with dismax?